Live at Five: Part 8



**unedited**

"I'm Olivia Felder for Live at Five. We'll see you tomorrow."
David stood on the sidelines and watched as Olivia wrapped for the evening.
She'd invited him to pick her up at the studio for their date.
"So you're David..."
David turned from watching Olivia, who was getting help with removing her mic equipment, and smiled at the woman who sidled up next to him.
"That's me," he said, holding out his hand.
The woman took his hand and shook it. "I'm Rita."
"Nice to meet you, Rita."
"And very nice to meet you, David," Rita replied. "I've heard a lot about you."
"Good things, I hope."
Rita grinned at him, and wrapped her hands around her clipboard. Lowering her voice, she said, "I just wanted to swing by and introduce myself. And invite you to the surprise party we're throwing for Liv."
"That's right!" David said. "Her birthday is coming."
Rita nodded. "You have to come. Liv would love it."
"I get off late next week, but I should be able to swing by still."
"Do you know Chessy's Bar?" Rita asked.
"That's one of my favorite places to hang out."
"Liv's too. We're going to get there around seven."
David nodded. "I get off around that time. I should be able to make it there around nine or so."
"We'll definitely still be there."
"Rita, you're not harassing David, are you?"
They turned to find Olivia walking toward them, a teasing grin on her face.
Damn...
Her smile still had the same effect on him after all these years. 
"I'm not harassing anyone," Rita defended. "I was just chatting with David here."
"About what?"
"What his intentions are with my best friend?"
"Rita!" Olivia balked, and Rita laughed as she backed away. 
"I'll see you tomorrow," she said to Olivia. "David, nice meeting you."
"Likewise," David said with a wave. He turned to Olivia, whose cheeks were colored with embarrassment.
"Please excuse her."
David chuckled. "It's cool." He looked around. "So this is it, huh?"
Olivia gave him a beaming smile. "This is it." She took his hand and said, "Come on, I'll give you the nickel tour."
She showed him around the studio, speaking to people along the way. Everyone seemed to love her, and that was no surprise. Olivia had never known a stranger.
"And this is my dressing room," she said, opening the door.
"Wow," he said, peeking in. "This is nice."
It was a large room, that included a full bathroom. On one wall was a vanity, covered with hair and make up products. On the opposite wall was a large clothing rack with clothes David assumed were for the show.
"I hope you don't mind me changing before we head out," she said, unbuttoning her suit jacket. "And I have to get this stage make up off of my face."
"Uh...no of course not," he stammered, watching her head toward her bathroom.
Olivia nodded and gestured at the couch he was standing next to.
"Make yourself comfortable," she offered. "I won't be long."
She went into the bathroom and David plopped down on the couch. When he heard the shower start, he let his head fall to the back of the couch and covered his face to let out a groan.
The sound of the water, had him instantly envisioning her naked and suddenly he felt like a horny seventeen year old boy all over again, desperate to be with the girl he was in love with. 
But he wasn't a boy anymore, and Livvie definitely wasn't a girl anymore. And she had the curves to prove it.
Curves that were being drenched in water right now from her shower.
"Shit," he swore under his breath.
Thankfully, several minutes later the shower turned off and soon Olivia was coming out of the bathroom, dressed in a knit sweater and a sexy pair of jeans.
"That's better," she sighed.
Her face was freshly washed and, to him, she looked even better without all of the make up. The only thing she appeared to be wearing was some gloss that made her lips look irresistible. What would it be like to kiss her again?
He wasn't sure how much longer he could go without knowing.
"Are you ready?" he asked.

She nodded and he opened the door and followed her out.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Te you better get to them gettin it on!!!! hahahahahaha.

    How much longer can David hold out. LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t with you! LOL Soon, they’ll be gettin’ it on soon.

      Delete